- 17.08.2013+++ KWB won Sustainability Award from Veolia Wasser +++ Urban stormwater and sewage management; Interview with Prof. Ulrich Szewzyk, Head of the Chair of Environmental Microbiology at the Technische Universität Berlin +++ Ozone process optimisation for tertiary treatment +++ Microbial clogging in water-bearing systems +++ EU-Project Blue Green Dream +++
- 17.04.2013+++ Phosphorrecycling in Berlin +++ SpreeCity – Improving Public Participation in Water Affairs +++ Interview with Chair of Water Resources Management and Hydrosystem Modelling at Technische Universität Berlin +++ Scenario Modelling of Combined Sewer Overflows in Berlin +++Hybrid Processes forTertiary Wastewater Treatment +++
- 17.12.2012Decentralised treatment of roadway runoffs; Treatment of emerging trace organic contaminants in water and wastewater; Interview with Prof. Michael Schneider, new head of the Hydrogeology group at FU Berlin; Condition diagnostics of sewer systems; Nitrogen limitation in freshwaters; Efficient water management in the chemical industry; Causes of well ageing; Focus: Global change and regional development.
- 17.09.2012Phosphorous recycling from wastewater, research for safe drinking water in India; Interview with Martin Schipper, Technologieagentur Berlin; The tomato fish – Water conservation and CO2 neutrality; Risk analysis of microbial contamination of drinking water wells; Spree 2011 – Pilot plant for combined sewer outflow storage goes into service; Focus: A brochure on the secondary effects of climate change on water.
- 17.06.2012KWB at the Long Night of Sciene and Long Day of Urban Nature; project launch Decamax on the optimisation of sludge dewatering in municipal WWTPs; Quantifying the isks from subsurface activities from the perspective of roundwater protection; optimisation of energy efficiency in well operation; BioFresh–Pooling knowledge aboutbBiodiversity in freshwater ecosystems.
- 17.02.201210th anniversary of KWB; ASKURIS - Analysis of Trace Organic Compounds in Berlin's Urban Water Cycle; project OXIMAR fouces on water reuse.
- 26.05.2021Dear readers, Since the last issue, our newsletter has had a new look, which seems to have gone down well with you. This success encourages us to continue developing our formats and even to experiment here and there – not for nothing are we scientists (almost all of us). Starting with this issue, our newsletters
- How do we use water? What is the state of our water resources? What are the impacts of climate change? Important questions to which there are often no simple answers. Only one thing is certain: Due to climate change, the management of water resources faces new challenges. For this reason, we concentrate all our efforts
- The summer 2020 was the second hottest since records began in 1881 and particularly the northeast of Germany with less than 500 litres of annual precipitation per square meter was much too dry, also in Berlin. This has serious consequences on natural groundwater reserves. KWB is concentrating its research efforts on finding strategies to deal