- 17.08.2013+++ KWB won Sustainability Award from Veolia Wasser +++ Urban stormwater and sewage management; Interview with Prof. Ulrich Szewzyk, Head of the Chair of Environmental Microbiology at the Technische Universität Berlin +++ Ozone process optimisation for tertiary treatment +++ Microbial clogging in water-bearing systems +++ EU-Project Blue Green Dream +++
- 17.04.2013+++ Phosphorrecycling in Berlin +++ SpreeCity – Improving Public Participation in Water Affairs +++ Interview with Chair of Water Resources Management and Hydrosystem Modelling at Technische Universität Berlin +++ Scenario Modelling of Combined Sewer Overflows in Berlin +++Hybrid Processes forTertiary Wastewater Treatment +++
- 17.12.2012Decentralised treatment of roadway runoffs; Treatment of emerging trace organic contaminants in water and wastewater; Interview with Prof. Michael Schneider, new head of the Hydrogeology group at FU Berlin; Condition diagnostics of sewer systems; Nitrogen limitation in freshwaters; Efficient water management in the chemical industry; Causes of well ageing; Focus: Global change and regional development.
- 17.09.2012Phosphorous recycling from wastewater, research for safe drinking water in India; Interview with Martin Schipper, Technologieagentur Berlin; The tomato fish – Water conservation and CO2 neutrality; Risk analysis of microbial contamination of drinking water wells; Spree 2011 – Pilot plant for combined sewer outflow storage goes into service; Focus: A brochure on the secondary effects of climate change on water.
- 17.06.2012KWB at the Long Night of Sciene and Long Day of Urban Nature; project launch Decamax on the optimisation of sludge dewatering in municipal WWTPs; Quantifying the isks from subsurface activities from the perspective of roundwater protection; optimisation of energy efficiency in well operation; BioFresh–Pooling knowledge aboutbBiodiversity in freshwater ecosystems.
- 17.02.201210th anniversary of KWB; ASKURIS - Analysis of Trace Organic Compounds in Berlin's Urban Water Cycle; project OXIMAR fouces on water reuse.
- 02.12.2020Dear reader, You may have seen me in your email, still I would like to introduce myself once again. My name is Jochen Rabe, I am a professor at the Einstein Center Digital Future for Urban Resilience and Digitalisation – and since June 1, 2020, the new Managing Director of KWB. The past five months
- Biomethane or hydrogen, a “green” energy source obtained from renewable resources such as wastewater and sewage sludge, can become an important cornerstone of the energy transition. This can be achieved by coupling wastewater and waste management with the transport, building/heating or industrial sectors. At Berlin’s sewage treatment plants, biogas is produced from sewage sludge which
- 02.12.2020The new action plan of the European Commission – the Green Deal – aims to increase the sustainability of the European economy. One pillar of the green Deal is the consequent promotion of circular economy related processes. In this context, ULTIMATE (indUstry water-utiLiTy symbIosis for a sMarter wATEr society) will foster the synergetic cooperation between